Xpat & International Community of Sicily

Andy F Edwards shared a link to the group: Xpat & International Community of Sicily.

Times of Sicily
Times of Sicily has just released its first paper magazine with lots of new features and articles. Please share this post so we can get as wide a coverage as possible. If you buy it, really hope you enjoy the content. It can be bought from here:
... See MoreSee Less

The Times of Sicily Magazine for 2016/17 with features including interviews, food tours, literary travel, events, history, book reviews, art, ancestry and current affairs.

Paola Sartorio shared Fulbright Commission Italy's post to the group: Xpat & International Community of Sicily.

fancing studying in the U.S. anyone?
... See MoreSee Less

Questa settimana la Commissione #Fulbright visterà 3 atenei siciliani, il 22, 23 e 24 novembre, per parlare delle borse #Fulbright per studio, ricerca e insegnamento negli #USA e in particolare del programma Fulbright-Fondazione Falcone-NIAF riservato a studenti di atenei siciliani! Università degli Studi di Palermo, Università degli studi di Catania, UKE Università Kore Enna - pagina ufficiale www.fulbright.it/fulbright-falcone-niaf/ The National Italian American Foundation (NIAF) Fondazione Giovanni e Francesca Falcone U.S. Consulate General Naples

fancing studying in the U.S. anyone?

Hello everyone, I was doing a little research on all types of piatti tipici in Sicily. What's the best typical dish you've eaten in your part of Sicily. Mine are these fresh Messinese maccheroni wrapped in fried eggplant and ricotta. ... See MoreSee Less

Hello everyone, I was doing a little research on all types of piatti tipici in Sicily. Whats the best typical dish youve eaten in your part of Sicily. Mine are these fresh Messinese maccheroni wrapped in fried eggplant and ricotta.

Giovanni Morreale, William Volpe and 1 other like this

Andy F EdwardsCaccamo is very much a carnivore's town. It has a local Sagra that celebrates everything from nose to tail, especially sausages. I would say the Caccamese speciality is simply Salsiccia locale alla brace. Btw, do you have photos and the recipe for you Messinese speciality? Have a section for this in the magazine.

8 months ago   ·  1

1 Reply

Comment on Facebook

Thank you for the add Giovanni Morreale! I look forward to meeting you all when I'm back! Seems like a great page! ... See MoreSee Less

Trying to get back to the blogging routine, kicking it off with a visit to Randazzo (Ct).
sicilyinsideandout.com/2016/09/07/randazzo/
... See MoreSee Less

Vinny Barbagallo, Andy F Edwards and 1 other like this

Vinny BarbagalloLove your work Rochelle! I wish this beast of an online community that we call Facebook existed when I lived in Sicily until 2006. Would have made life more bearable and more enjoyable for sure. I think being connected to the greater xpat community in Sicily is vital to survival :) I find myself in Australia now but my Sicilian journey is not over yet, i'll be back in the next few years and look forward to meeting all you guys that have made it out the other end :) well done and keep up the great work!

9 months ago   ·  1

Rochelle Del BorrelloThanks so much Vinny so great to hear from you and wow thanks for the compliments your going to give me a big head😉. Expat communities are great and I definately feel closer to home now then when I first moved here in 2002, yep its been that long. There are still many things I want to experience in Sicily. All the best and of course Sicily is never far away from those who love it. Thanks a million you've made my day👍☺💫

9 months ago

Vinny BarbagalloFunny that...I also moved there in 2002... to Giarre :) have a great day!

9 months ago   ·  1

Comment on Facebook

Alfred Zappala shared a link to the group: Xpat & International Community of Sicily.

CIAO ! We are so proud to finish another summer camp of The Sicilian Project (501 C3 public charity) in Brolo, (Messina)!!! The goal and mission is to educate children English for free! Why? There is a massive brain drain of critical young minds because of 35% unemployment PLUS they are susceptible to crime (similar to gangs in the US). We know English language is critical in a global economy, but it is being slashed in school because of budget cuts. That is where The Sicilian Project comes in! We have educated hundreds of children across Sicily in the past 5 years. Here are highlights from one of the graduations July 5, 2016!

... See MoreSee Less

Graduation highlights from summer camp in Brolo, Sicily. The Sicilian Project is a non - profit 501 C3, that educates Sicilian children English free, thanks ...

Rochelle Del Borrello, Alex Alessio Garcia and 2 others like this

Joanna BarbollaWonderful !

1 years ago   ·  1

Alex Alessio Garciagood project

4 months ago

Comment on Facebook

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3dToALYZ_U

Enjoy our new episode of "You, Me & Sicily" as Eszter and Alfred comicially banter about the dos and don't when you visit here and plenty of timely infomation for you....Enjoy!
... See MoreSee Less

On this episode of You, Me & Sicily some must know items before coming to Sicily! All other episodes are a www.evazmediagroup.com

Hot OFF the Presses! Episode 31 "You, Me & Sicily! feauring delectable delights and a guest appearance from a star! Enjoy!

... See MoreSee Less

On this episode of You, Me & Sicily we sample some street foods that will make you go WOW! Wait till you watch this ! All episode of You, Me & Sicily are at ...

Ok so lately I seem to keep hearing about these great jobs/opportunities that I can't take up so I'm simply going to pass this one on to anyone in the province of Catania. A app developing company is in urgent need of an actor/actress of American english for content. Send Cv to Mizuho in this email:
mizuhotomita@gmail.com

Thank you and good luck.
... See MoreSee Less

3 Responses to "Xpat & International Community of Sicily"

1. Sue Giallombardo Walker  August 6, 2015 at 1:14 pm

I am thrilled and delighted to see such positive news about Sicily. Those of use that follow the news in our parents/grandparents’ homeland know that things are difficult, what with the flood of immigration going on, rampant political corruption and a government that is so slow to make improvements and to capitalize on Sicily’s incredible attributes. Having worked in business and Chambers of Commerce in the US for over 35 years, I understand the importance of showcasing the good things that Sicily and her people have to offer; the delightful Sicilian hospitality, some of the most beautiful settings, beaches and hill towns in Europe, spectacular art and cultural offerings, and so much more. This is the Sicily that I discovered on my first visit and that made me want to share it with my friends and associates. We have over 4,000 members on the “Speak Sicilian” facebook group from around the world. Those of us who love our Sicilian heritage need to be encouraging businesses to come to Sicily and to support efforts by Sicilian people to start companies and create new opportunities for families and the young workers. So, thank you for your efforts and I look forward to seeing more good news. We’ll help spread the word…

• Giovanni  August 6, 2015 at 1:22 pm

Thanks Mrs. Giallombardo, nice feedback. Yes, we know the group, well, at least I think so. The owner of the group used to write with us too. We support all good initiatives like these. Please feel free to actively participate with Times of Sicily too. Giovanni-

2. Carlo Piacenza  January 13, 2017 at 6:47 pm

I am so pleased I found this site. I was in Sicily in 1970 when I was very young. My uncle and I traveled there to meet our relatives near Catania and Messina. I would like to go back this year and visit Sicily and find my relatives. I would like to see the changes that I have read about in this article.
    If it is possible could you please advise me about how to find my relatives?
    Carlo Piacenza